If you want to be comfortable in your home, the best heat-blocking window film can help you reduce the amount of solar heat that enters your home. The insulating layer can block up to 95% of ultraviolet rays or more, depending on how much thermal protection the window film provides. Some of the films also prevent glare and provide privacy. for more reviews about latest products visit our website : homeandkitchendecor
How do you choose the best window film for heat?
Window films can be beneficial in many ways. However, you need to know what you are looking for before you buy them for yourself. The price and the features offered should be considered. When buying the best window film against heat, you should consider the following points.
Application and installation
- The film should fit your window well and adhere well to the glass.
- If you hire a professional to apply it, you can have the job done professionally.
- There are different types of tinting films: decorative, UV, solar control, and safety films.
- You can choose a tint according to your needs.
- Colored films, computer designs, and other attractive films are available.
- You can get customized options for appearance and different purposes.
- Depending on the tint you choose, the color or appearance will differ.
- With a higher percentage of tint, you get transparency.
- Choosing a window film with sufficient protective layers provides security.
- An additional resistance layer prevents the glass from shattering.
- It reduces heat and keeps your house cooler, which reduces energy costs.
- It filters sun rays.
- UV resistance reduces glare and heat.
- This film preserves the beauty of your furniture and provides a comfortable indoor environment.
Resistance to fading
- Well-made window films do not fade with time.
- They are resistant to sunlight and have high light resistance.
- The cost of different types of films varies.
- The cost depends on the size and complexity of the window.
- The warranty ensures the safety of your investment.
- Even if the window films are well made and applied, anything can happen.
The best window film for heat rejection
We have selected some of the best window films for heat rejection to save you the agony of choice. By studying them with your requirements and budget in mind, you can choose the right product for you.
- Window film measures 5.16 ft. x 17.5 ft.
- Insulates five windows measuring 3ft. x 5ft.
- Plastic material with a clear finish
- Double-sided adhesive tape for an airtight seal
- Easy and quick application
The 3M Thermal Insulation Film Kit keeps cold breezes and mild air in the thermal insulation film and installation tape. These transparent films can cover your five 3′ x 5′ windows and stay in place for the long term. The included double-sided tape provides a firm hold between the films and the window surfaces.
It provides a wrinkle-free fit, reduces condensation, and prevents frost buildup. In addition, this clear thermal protection film is easy to install. Simply apply the tape to the window frame, peel off the paper insert, place the film on the tape, and the insulation is ready. You can use this insulation kit on aluminum, painted wood, or vinyl-covered molding.
- Product dimensions: 17.52″ x 1.42″ x 1.42″
- Black and silver film cover an area of 17.5 inches x 6.5 feet.
- Provides privacy protection during the day
- Safety protection against splashes from broken glass
- Blocks harmful ultraviolet radiation
- Heat control for a comfortable environment
- Easy, adhesive-free application
This black and silver window heat protection film provides 17.5 inches x 6.5 feet of coverage. It reflects harmful UV rays and prevents them from reaching your skin and fading your furniture. STATINT’s reflective window film provides privacy during the day and attaches to windows without adhesive. No one can see you from the outside, but you can enjoy the view outside. At night, you need to take off your curtains because the light from inside is stronger.
If you spray the film’s back and the window with soapy water, it will be easy to apply the film on the window or door. It will also save you from high bills by keeping your room cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Knowing that this reflective window film will prevent broken glass from flying around and hurting you, you can rest easy. It provides 91% UV protection, 88% infrared protection and minimizes glare.
- Black and silver 35.4″ x 1.77″ x 1.77″ film
- Covers a window or door measuring 35.4″ x 16.4 ft.
- Excellent daytime privacy screen that blocks the view outside
- Saves energy by protecting against heat
- UV protection
- Easy to install and remove
KESPEN thermal protection film reduces heat transfer through the window by reflecting some of the heat. It adheres statically by simply applying it with soapy water. It provides privacy by creating a mirror effect during the day. You can sit by the window and enjoy your coffee without being disturbed from outside.
This heat reflective window film keeps you cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, lowering your energy costs. It blocks 96% of harmful rays, protecting your skin and furniture. These films also reduce annoying glare. You can customize the glass to give your windows a modern look. These films can be used in the kitchen, bedroom, toilet, office, sliding door, and living room. You will also receive installation instructions to install them carefully.
- Product dimensions: 35.4″ x 1.42″ x 1.42″
- 6 mil thick film with coverage of 35.4″ x 8.2 ft.
- Four color options: silver, black-silver, brown-silver, blue-silver.
- Daytime mirror protection on one side
- 95% UV blocking and glare reduction
- Removable anti-scratch layer
- Easy to apply without adhesive
This one-side mirrored heat protection film provides more privacy in your room during the day because the light intensity outside is greater than inside. No one can see you outside, but you need to draw the curtains at night as the mirror effect disappears when the light intensity is greater inside. These high-quality window films block 95% of UV and 90% of IR rays to let the best light into your room. In addition, they keep the heat away from the windows to lower the indoor temperature in summer.
You will need nothing more than soapy water to apply them. This film is available in various colors and can be used in bedrooms, kitchens, restrooms, and offices. The 6 mil thickness provides good insulation. The anti-scratch layer can be removed if desired.
- 36 in. x 15 ft. roll for 3 windows
- Product dimensions: 36.75″ x 2.38″ x 2″
- An energy-efficient film that retains 79% of the sun’s energy
- Reduces UV radiation and glare
- Easy to install
- 2 year warranty period
Gila heat-resistant window film is made of highly reflective material on the outside to protect privacy during the day. It cannot obscure the view at night as the sunlight decreases, and the reflection effect disappears. It sends away 99% of UV rays and reduces glare up to 82%, so you can feel comfortable in your rooms. You can consider it the best UV blocking window film for 99% blocking.
The 3′ x 15′ roll of film can cover up to 3 windows. The permanent adhesive ensures that the film is firmly attached to the window. You only need a weekend to apply the film and enjoy the benefits of thermal protection. The application kit will help you get a smooth surface. The film comes with a 2-year warranty against defects.
- 6″ x 78.7″ roll
- Product dimensions: 2.8″ x 1.2″ x 1.2″
- Blocks 90% IR and 98% UV rays and glare.
- Daytime privacy protection
- Adhesive free application
- Reusable PVC Material
With this reflective privacy film, you can enjoy the morning view without outside interference. During the day, it provides 4/5 privacy protection, and at night, it drops to 2/5. Because it blocks 90% of IR rays, your rooms will stay cooler in the summer. It also blocks 98% of UV rays, protecting your skin from damage and your furniture from fading. Glare is reduced to 68%, eliminating harsh light from entering your rooms. You can apply it in minutes by spraying water. It’s also reusable, so you don’t have to worry about applying it to your rental property. You can just peel it off and put it in your drawer.
- 7 in. x 6.5 ft. film roll
- 85% IR blocking and 97% UV blocking.
- Non-adhesive design and easy installation
- Anti-scratch layer
- Daytime privacy protection
- 30 days return policy
This disposable window film protects your indoor space by blocking 85% of infrared and 97% UV rays. This window film keeps heat out in summer and heat back in winter, saving energy costs. In addition, 10% VLT reduces glare. The film requires no chemical additives and applies easily with soapy water. The 6 mil thickness provides good insulation. During the day, you get a high level of privacy, but at night, the sunlight fades, so the reflective effect disappears. WPCTEV offers a 30-day return policy if you find any defects with the product.
- 4-inch x 6.5-foot roll
- 95% UV blocking and 87% IR blocking
- Mirror effect for daytime privacy protection
- Self-adhesive cling film
VIMAX heat reflective window film provides you with daytime privacy by blocking the view from outside. This only works when the outside light is brighter than the inside light. You do not have this privacy protection at night because the side with more light only behaves like a mirror. To make you feel comfortable in your room, the film blocks 95% of UV and 87% of IR rays. The film is self-static and can be easily removed without leaving stains.
In conclusion to the reviews of heat reflective window films, we recommend choosing the film that meets your requirements. In this way, you will achieve the best result. Many tinting films on the market differ in privacy, heat protection, UV protection, and installation options. The best window film for heat reduction will save you energy costs all year round and provide a comfortable and relaxed indoor climate.
For more information on this article, see window heat protection films.
Frequently asked questions
Do window films also work in winter?
The films you put on your windows help with insulation, even if they are very thin. They prevent significant heat loss during the cold months, thus ensuring a comfortable indoor climate. They may not prevent all heat loss, but they reduce it to a noticeable level. Even the sun’s rays in winter can fade your furniture. To prevent this and protect your skin from UV damage, these window films play an important role.
What is the best window film for heat reduction?
If the goal is not privacy but heat reduction, solar control film is the best window film for heat reduction. It helps reduce some of the heat and glare. On the other hand, reflective window film is the best choice if you need both privacy and heat protection. It provides maximum heat protection and privacy. Gila’s heat-resistant window film blocks 99% of UV rays and reduces 82% of glare.
Does window film keep the heat out?
Reflective window films are darker than solar control films, so they provide maximum heat protection. Darker films provide more heat protection than lighter films. The most reflective films block 99% of ultraviolet light and provide excellent privacy protection during the day when it is brighter outside.
Does window film provide privacy protection at night?
Window films do not provide privacy protection at night, as the mirror effect disappears when the light intensity inside is higher. During the day, the sunlight is stronger than the indoor light to maintain your privacy, but at night you need to turn off the blinds because the indoor light is stronger than the outdoor light.
Is the window film applied on the inside or outside?
Window films are installed inside to protect them from harsh weather conditions and benefit from their functionality. They last many years longer than exterior films. Interior films provide good protection against UV rays, glare, and heat. In addition, they can be reused, while exterior films have a short life and limited performance options.
How do you apply window film to the windows of a home?
Before applying the window film, make sure the window surface is thoroughly clean. Then, remove the protective film on the back. Then you need to apply soapy water to the window surface and the smooth side of the window film. Squeeze out the excess water and dry it with a towel. Read the installation steps that come with your product. Some films come with double-sided tape that must apply to the window frame.
How much does it cost to install window film?
Window films cost between $2 and $100 per square foot. Installation costs can range from $2 to $10 per square foot. There are also instructions if you want to apply the film yourself. Window films are an inexpensive way to have a great thermal protection system at home.
please visit our facebook page.